We can utilize the help of volunteers during the months leading up to the festival (June - October ) and during the festival itself (mid- to late October). Realizing that people have varying work and family schedules, we try our best to accommodate and be flexible with volunteer hours in the summer and early fall months. During the festival, we ask that each volunteer work a minimum of 10 hours throughout the weekend.
Besides being part of a unique and inspiring film event, we offer volunteers a number of festival benefits. These include film vouchers, which can be exchanged for tickets, Washington West volunteer t-shirts, and the opportunity to participate in workshops and/or Q & A sessions with our featured filmmakers.
You may request to be placed in a specific department, but your assignment will ultimately be determined by your experience, availability, and the festival's needs. Departments include, but are not limited to the following:
- Box Office - Customer service, data entry, ticket sales, will call management
- Events - Party planning, decorating, catering, set-up and clean up
- Theatre Operations - Balloting, ticket taking, ushering
- Production - Production assistance, theater and venue set-up and tear down
- Guest Relations - Accommodation and travel coordination, filmmaker & VIP treatment
- Backbone - Set up and breakdown venues, monitor and transfer equipment
- Security - Monitor box office and merchandise
Please email our volunteer team for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org